Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Glide Emu
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Tech - Support - Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acer
Staubsauger

PostPosted: 26.06.2002, 00:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it working.

Glidos needs Descent2, Vers. 1.2 DOS, it does NOT work with the W95 version. D2 has to be in c:gamesDescent2 or the path has to be altered in the Glidos.ini.

The D2 folder has to contain the extracted D2_3DFX file and not knowing if it help a DOS4GW file. My Athlon 700 with Geforce2MX performed 25-30 FPS offering an acceptable gameplay.

There are still bugs visible on screen, but I´m pretty shure that MrGlidos will work on them.

MrGlidos
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 26.06.2002, 09:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant news. I was beginning to think it would only ever work for me.

What version of Windows are you using? If it is Windows 2000 or Windows XP then you should find the new version v1.14, which I will release soon, will improve smoothness of game play.

One tip. For some reason Glidos has trouble with the messages in green text across the top of the screen. They slow the frame rate. So, its better not to use the guide bot if possible. Or if you do release the guide bot, use -7 when you no longer need it.

As you are the first to get it going, have a free copy. Just send me an unlock request.

Cheers, Paul.

Do_Checkor
Administrator

PostPosted: 26.06.2002, 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: I have XP on P4 w/ GF2pro
What happens with my Glidos: After I copied my D2 into C:gamesDescent2 i started Glidos with the option "Descent2".

Then the DOS/4GW window pops up with the Title "TOMB" and the first 2 lines of info about DOS/4GW for lemme think.... 1.5 seconds. And that's all.

MrGlidos
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 26.06.2002, 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were there no messages in the Glidos server window (besides the copyright message)?

When trying to get it going it is good to rule out audio problems, so it might be worth running setup.exe from the Descent2 folder and disabling all audio.

Its worth making sure that there are no files called Glide2x.dll or Glide2x.ovl anywhere on your system other than those in the Glidos folder.

I know this sounds silly but it is also worth trying just reinstalling Descent II. A lot of people that use Glidos with Tomb Raider initially had problems, but then found it worked after reinstalling it. I don't know why.

If you do reinstall, use the install.exe file on the CD. That will install it as a DOS program. When you apply the D2_3dfx patch check that there are no error messages.

Can't think of anything else to suggest at the moment.

Cheers, Paul

DigiJo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 26.06.2002, 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mrglidos,
i have tested it too, but does not work.
have altered all path to the d2-directory in glidos.ini, deleted all other glide*.* files on my system (there were 2, one from an old voodoocard in win/system and one in the d2-directory)

but that did not help. after pushing the button in glidos, command-window pops up,it starts the batch-file, (dosdrv not found, did´t install that) than it starts d2_3dfx with the dosextender and windows closes without errormessages. nothing else happens.

system: win98se

any suggestions?

greetings,
DigiJo

MrGlidos
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 27.06.2002, 03:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something to try. In the Glidos folder, there's are two pif files, one called Glidos.pif the other GlidosF.pif. Right click on Glidos.pif and select "Properties". Then select the "Program" tab, and uncheck the "Close on exit" box. Then retest Glidos. With any luck that will stop the DOS box from disappearing and let us see some sort of error message.

Do_Checkor
Administrator

PostPosted: 27.06.2002, 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it! On Win XP! YESSSSSS!

But no sound (not the primary prob.), and no JOY (*whining*).

It has several graphical errors (especially the lasers look weird)

But hey: That's a beginning

I think i will be waiting till next patch.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ich hab es! Unter Win XP! JAAAAAAAA!

Aber kein Sound (was nicht das primäre problem is), und kein Joy (HEUL).

Ich hab diverse grafik-fehler (besonders die laser sind komisch)

Aber hey: Das is doch ein Anfang.

Ich denke ich werd mal auf das nächste patch warten.

DigiJo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 27.06.2002, 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have it too.. altering the pif has done it. (grmpf and that to me oll´dos-freak)

error-message: d2-cd not found... again grmpf hehe

okay its working but i have a giant spinning logo on the screen.. framerate is not very well (do you use ogl-driver? the ogl-driver of my radeon are usually really fast) and the depth of sight is a problem. i can only see "relativ" 3-5 meters in the room everything behind is not rendered. slightly difficult to play, i even can not see the robot who killed me.

greetings,
DigiJo

MrGlidos
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 27.06.2002, 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! We're getting there.

Under Windows 2000 and XP sound and joystick are not a problem. VDM Sound will sort out all your problems (but you must select General MIDI for music). Mouse support I'm not sure of yet.

The restricted view: I've had that. You have used D2X and that alters something. I had to reinstall, but my saved games still worked.

Under W2000 and XP Glidos v1.13 is very lumpy. I have a new version here, which is much much smoother. I will upload it in the next few days.

Lasers: several people have commented on that. I think it is connected to slow frame rates. One bad thing: I think a 800MHz is the minimum spec to get even 30fps. Traurig I get about 60fps, but i have a 1750MHz Athlon.
This is bad, I know, but its hard to pipe the graphics commands from DOS to Windows. I have ideas for improvements, but they are going to take time.

For some reason the messages in Green text cause the frame rate to drop, so avoid releasing the guide bot, if possible.

Cheers,Paul

MrGlidos
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 02.07.2002, 00:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any body get any further with Glidos? v1.14 is available now, which should smooth things out under Windows 2000 and XP. Looks like getting the mouse working is going to be a problem but a joystick should work okay if you install VDMSound.

I don't think I explained very well before: the problem where you can only see a few meters ahead is caused by running D2X. YOu may have to reinstall Descent II to get things back working.

Cheers,
Paul

Saphir
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 17.12.2002, 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
ich habe auf meinem rechner auch descent2 installiert und so ziemlich jeden patch ausprobiert. bis mir nach stunden eine datei mit dem namen "stdout.txt" aufgefallen ist, in der sich so ziemlich alles an infos befindet, was man benötigt, um descent 2 mit opengl unterstützung und hires auflösungen spielen zu können. ich vermute, daß die datei mit entpackt wurde, obwohl sie im zip.archiv gar nicht enthalten war!!! einige zeit später sah mein string zum ausführen so aus: C:GamesDescent2d2x-ogl.exe -superhires -gl_mipmap -fullscreen -gl_16bittextures -grabmouse

wichtig: auf jeden fall die option -gl_mipmap einfügen, da sonst das spiel OHNE opengl unterstützung startet. kein wunder also, wenn man in díesem falle keinen unterschied zur normalfassung erkennt: ES IST DIE NORMALFASSUNG Smilie

benutzen kann man folgende patches:
d2x-ogl
d2x-0.1.2
d2x-0.1.3
zu finden unter www.stealthshangar.com (downloads)

das einzigste problem was ich jetzt noch habe:
mein sound kommt beim spielen erst mit einer ca. 1 sekündigen verzögerung. wenn ich schieße kommt z.b. erst eine sekunde später der sound. manche sounds werden erst gar nicht abgespielt. weiteres problem: movies werden nicht mehr abgespielt. ergo wird aber auch keine cd mehr benötigt!! tja...wenn ich noch auf des rätsels lösung komme, laß ich es euch wissen.

Gruß Saphir
vorsichtshalber habe ich euch die txt datei mit angehangen
puh...alles wird gut Smilie
[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=saphir&file=stdout.txt"]download[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Tech - Support - Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: