Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

German\European EMS systems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d3jake
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 13.07.2011, 21:49    Post subject: German\European EMS systems. Reply with quote

My current area of study is that of EMS, or Emergency Medical Services. I am currently an EMT-B, though I'm studying to be a Paramedic. For those that don't know, they are levels of certification for the prehospital setting. This means that we are called into homes and businesses to help if someone is sick or injured.

My original goal in college was to study Computer Science, but since then I have changed my mind a bit... I'm still interested in learning German, and visiting Germany, though that goal is a bit further away now. Thinking about this has lead me to wonder how the German EMS system is structured, and possibly travel to Germany to study it while in-country. The idea is that ideas could possibly be brought from the US, and contributed, and ideas could be brought back, and contributed to improve the two systems.

My question is this: How well do you folks know how your EMS system works? For those in other European countries as well. Also, how are certification levels structured? I've heard that some countries in Europe will actually have doctors in the field to assist crews. It's interesting that unless one is studying to go into one of these fields, it's typical for a person to not know much of anything except the box-vechicle visits when someone needs medical help.

[08:49.54] zico: Ohh.. I found someting: "REALITY: Located where Pizza-Man comes from"

"Das Wichtigste sind wir
das Jetzt und Hier,
und dass wir alle hier zusammen sind!"
-Wise Guys "Jetzt Und Hier"
Marix
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 30.07.2011, 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really into the field, however I know that some people in the forum work in Medical, so I am sure somebody will be able to answer your question. Regarding your question on Doctors in the field, yes, that's true. We have dedicated emergency physcians that are driven (they have a car with a dedicated driver) or flown to the patient (via helicopter) to assist the paramedics of the emergency transport vehicle. Sadly I have to admit the the english wikipedia article doesn't talk to much about the european situation, but as you want to learn german, maybe have a look at the lengthy german one. Winken
d3jake
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 29.08.2011, 01:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marix! I had lost hope of a reply after a week or two...

I'll certainly look into the wikipedia article. The fact that the one in German will provide much more information simply means that I have some research\translation ahead of me. Thanks!

[08:49.54] zico: Ohh.. I found someting: "REALITY: Located where Pizza-Man comes from"

"Das Wichtigste sind wir
das Jetzt und Hier,
und dass wir alle hier zusammen sind!"
-Wise Guys "Jetzt Und Hier"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: