Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

ROLL CALL! Let's Get Weekends Goin!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Descent 3 Multiplayer - Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UsedDentalFloss
Forum-Newbie

PostPosted: 07.07.2022, 03:45    Post subject: ROLL CALL! Let's Get Weekends Goin! Reply with quote

I've noticed a lot of conversations in just about every forum I belong in referring to the "good old days" and I have a hard time understanding. I mean, I was around then too, I was a kid, but I remember them.

Sure, Descent 3 doesn't have official support anymore, but does it need that? Sure! Players have left the scene entirely, some unfortunately never to return for one reason or the next. But... Can't we get new ones?

I've also noticed a trend in the video game scene, at least in the country I live, where people are looking for that classic feeling game. And a lot of the people I've shown Descent 3 are interested in it. Why not introduce Descent to a new audience? But more to the point: There's enough of us still around to run weekend games. Why don't we?

There's a lot of servers that are largely inactive. "Oh they're active sometimes."

When? I've been watching for 3 weeks and nothing but BOZ and the occasional player or two. Nothing to actual scale fights I remember from all those years ago, or even just 10 years ago when there seemed to be a CTF in Veins every weekend.

I wanna boot up weekend games again. Who's with me?
Munk
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 15.07.2022, 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, you can't really find (multiplayer) games out-of-the-box anymore, if it runs on current Windows (like five generations after the original release) at all.
Ben
OOTS

PostPosted: 17.07.2022, 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a real good alternativ to Descent, it's called OVERLOAD and there are a few of the old Descenters (1,2,3). Most games are in the evening hours, so come and look.
Some gamers stream on twitch, so you can look...

"Man kann morgens auch nicht fliegen, bloß weil man abends gevögelt hat"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Descent 3 Multiplayer - Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: