Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Varicose Veins 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DwnUndr
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 26.10.2008, 09:15    Post subject: Varicose Veins 2009 Reply with quote

>>> Please post suggestions at http://rbb.ripteam.com <<<<

Wow, am I really thinking of updating this? I know, there are many different versions right now. But only one is still played...every night. This is the Guardian version, preferred because it has a few extra hiding spots for the flag carrier. Suggestions will be taken for the next several weeks. Level update posted on Jan 1st 2009.

So, I am taking suggestions on improvements players would like to see. If you don't play there regularly, your opinion doesn't count, lol.

Things I want to do:

* More ab coolers. There are 8 in there now, but it seems like I can make 5 runs for the flag and only have a cooler once.

* Microwave...remove it. When someone uses it, players disconnect. I don't mind the weapon, but I do mind the bad netcode that causes disconnects. Gone.

* MD...I will not be changing the quantity of mass drivers or ammo. I think the balance is perfect. Anyone who hosts levels can remove one or both if they desire.

* I will run the level through Atan's newest editor and apply his sound portal fix. This should stop the mystery deaths because you never heard the incoming mega or homer. Sorry, there is no fix for the invisible napalm that I know of.

* When you spawn at the weapons room and go charging in, you invariably hit a teammate coming out. I will widen this doorway.

* I will take suggestions about safe-spawn rooms. They will still be safe, hidden in the walls, but I have had complaints that if you work your way to the flag, kill the whole defending team then you grab the flag, half of them have spawned right in front of the door and kill you. Perhaps this flag spawn room needs to go away? You would still have to contend with whomever spawns at weapons or energy, but you can have some speed then. How about spawns in the middle? Few weapons there, but I will hear your suggestions.

* I would like to recess the lights completely. I had moved them up some in this version so it still looked like the original, but they still bump you when you try to navigate over napalm. Do you want them surface mounted so there is no bump? It may change the way the lights reflect a bit.

* How about new get flag/return flag sounds? Suggestions?

* How about repair/energy symbols in the middle for those who haven't learned that the skinny end means energy side?

* Any new tunnel suggestions? Nothing that would destroy the level balance, but it would be fun to see your suggestions.

>>>> Download original flag sounds here <<<<

Remembering 9-11 and thankful that bin Laden is now at room temperature. Smilie

Last edited by DwnUndr on 26.10.2008, 09:15; edited 1 time in total
Derick
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 02.12.2008, 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

yae, this looks great man!! hope we can play it soon in 1 Month Cool Cool Ausrufezeichen
Good Job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: