Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

German Exchange For A Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d3jake
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 12.11.2007, 04:44    Post subject: German Exchange For A Year Reply with quote

Okay, I was advised by...Marix I think it was that I should make a post here saying that I am interested in spending a year in German for college. So here I am, in about 2-3 years, who would be in college and interested in keeping me company for a year as I study in Germany? I figure that if I were to stay a year in Germany it may as well be close to some of you German peoples, considering that you are part of the reason I've stayed with German through 4 years in High School.
[08:49.54] zico: Ohh.. I found someting: "REALITY: Located where Pizza-Man comes from"

"Das Wichtigste sind wir
das Jetzt und Hier,
und dass wir alle hier zusammen sind!"
-Wise Guys "Jetzt Und Hier"
Do_Checkor
Administrator

PostPosted: 12.11.2007, 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm - I think it would make sense if you already had a location on mind isn't it? Germany is not THAT small Smilie

Additionally a bit more information about your plan might be nice...

Anyways: 2-3 years means there is still some time for a good plan so...
Marix
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 12.11.2007, 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's exactly why he was posting. As germany is not that small he was basically asking which cities there are Descent player at the university, as that might help him decide where to go to. I know currently Pakky, Floyd i think and I am. But I guess we all won't be anymore when Jake is comming over here.
Munk
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 12.11.2007, 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have serious plans of studying in germany, you should contact your school if they can help you. There are lots of international student exchange programs between certain universities, and I'm sure they will help you in participating.

I can give you hospitality for a few weeks, so you have a chance setting up stuff from here. I live in Essen, which is at the west of Germany in the "Ruhrgebiet".
Universities of Essen, Duisburg, Bochum, Dortmund and Düsseldorf are nearby (i.e. within reach in less an hour by public transportation).

However, I do not know for sure what on in three years. Currently I'm working at the University of Bochum for the next 2-3 years.

Last edited by Munk on 12.11.2007, 23:27; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: