Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Play Loki D3 now in your own language!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Lo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 27.11.2006, 23:10    Post subject: Play Loki D3 now in your own language! Reply with quote

Hey!

With the help of VEXer-Tom and DIIIA-D_Cent I got Loki's Descent3 running in international languages!!
HOW?

FIRST, type once the following in your shell to set a language (loki forgot it Mit den Augen rollen)
Code:
echo '"LanguageType"=dword:X' >> $HOME/.loki/descent3/.Descent3Registry

where X must be 0 for English (what a sense Smilie ), 1 for German, 2 or 3 for Spanish or Italian (not sure which one is which one Auf den Arm nehmen ) and 4 for French.

Now, you're almost done. To make all windows, levels and game-mods in the right language, we have to manipulate the d3-linux.hog a bit. To do this, download my shell script which is attached to this post.

Then start it with the right options and do this:

HOWTO POWER-UP YOUR D3-LINUX.HOG
=============================

1.) DELETE FROM HOGFILE (number 5)
---
FILL IN THERE (COPY THE WHOLE LONG LINE):
aigame.str Anarchy.str coop.str CTF.str D3.STR DMFC.str entropy.str GENERIC.STR hoard.str Hyper.str lanclient.str ipxclient.str monster.str mtclient.str dp_modem.str dp_serial.str tanarchy.str

2.) RENAME LEVELS (number 2)
---

3.) UPATING HOGFILE (number 1)
---
FILL IN THERE (COPY THE WHOLE LONG LINE):
AIGAMEi.STR Anarchyi.str CTFi.str DMFCi.str TrainingMissioni.STR

4.) MAKING "*i.str"-FILES TO "*.str"-FILES (number 6 -> number 2)
---

5.) EXIT THE PROGRAMME AND REFRESH YOUR d3linuxfullhog.txt
---
That's all!
... Prepare for Descent! or better: "Halten Sie sich bereit für Descent!" Sehr glücklich
{CLM}King_Lo

linux-powerup.sh.gz
 Description:
Download this!

Download
 Filename:  linux-powerup.sh.gz
 Filesize:  1.35 KB
 Downloaded:  815 Time(s)

Last edited by King Lo on 27.11.2006, 23:55; edited 2 times in total
Marix
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 29.11.2006, 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started you application and it asks me for a hog-utitlity. What hog-utitlity do I need?

Edit 1: I found it, it's the HOG Command Line Utility which can be downloaded from http://www.planetdescent.com/site/files/d3/utilities/development.asp

Edit 2: When renaming levels it asks me for every file whether I want to remove the regular file. Maybe this should be non-interactive. The same happens when renaming the istr to str-files.

Edit 3: I was a little confused about how to refresh the d3linuxfullhog.txt. Looking at the source of your script I found out that I have to choose quit for the update-prompt to appear.

Edit 4: IT WORKS. Great idea and tool. All UI texts, the HUD and status messages seem to be localized now. Cinematics are of course still in the original language, but that I knew in before. Only sad thing is that the mission briefings are still in english, however for mutliplayer this works really great. Only problem I have is that on every level start I get one message "Message not found". Everything else seems to work, so.

Last edited by Marix on 29.11.2006, 21:53; edited 5 times in total
D.Cent
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 30.11.2006, 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Message Not Found"-problem is not a bug in this utility. Even for Win-D3 is no translation!
King Lo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 30.11.2006, 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok damn forgot to describe what a d3.str is Smilie

Marix wrote:

Edit 2: When renaming levels it asks me for every file whether I want to remove the regular file. Maybe this should be non-interactive. The same happens when renaming the istr to str-files.

That's right. You have to press Return about 20 times. This is because I'm not a shell-expert. I just did this to be save that nothing wrong is removed. If you're unpatient, just replace the "rm -i" by "rm".

Marix wrote:

Edit 3: I was a little confused about how to refresh the d3linuxfullhog.txt. Looking at the source of your script I found out that I have to choose quit for the update-prompt to appear.

ok, maybe it is not 100% clear, but "EXIT THE PROGRAMME AND REFRESH YOUR d3linuxfullhog.txt" of course meant you are asked to do this after pressing 0 for exit Winken
btw: the d3linuxfullhog.txt is not important since Descent3 doesn't care about this file, it is just the "proper way"...

@ Cent: Yes, right. Since this is not a question of one's Opertaing System, maybe the whole Descent3-Communtiy should start a project to make these translations. I think you should put these information in the level's date (e.g. levelname.gam? or levelname.str?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: