Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

enough
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atan

PostPosted: 03.08.2004, 21:42    Post subject: enough Reply with quote

my friends,
maybe you saw the threads at DBB,
all I can say is, it's simply enough for me now.
I'm not willing to to be flamed and seeing this incompetent 'experts' shouting loud around anymore.
I did my D3-job over 10 years and I believe it's enough now.
This step is hard for me, I'm still loving Descent and it's possibilities.
But why should I still invest more time seeing the ppl hunting my work down always, or just ignoring me.
It's enough, I stop my support for D3 stuff now.

As I said, look into DBB Threads to see what I mean.
Please don't tell me that's how developers life looks like, that's what I can't accept anymore now.
Maybe I'm puzzling a lit ahead for my own, but I stop my D3-support with this day.

Thanks for the nice time we've had together in D3-development.
DigiJo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 03.08.2004, 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

well atan, you really let a few morons put you down? your levels was downloaded thousands of times from descent-fans and are played all day on the internet. the few dbb-peeps bashing subwaydancer, most of them dont even play the game anymore, and have never made any good things for d3, just took, never gave.

i can understand that your upset. but i see in no way a reason why you even should care about the blahblah talk of this few.
Thunderbird
Forum-Newbie

PostPosted: 03.08.2004, 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with DigiJo. You shouldn't quit something you enjoy doing just because of a couple people. My opinion on both Suncho and Thunderbunny isn't of very high regard (Thunderbunny seems to be an egotistical ***** lately).

The real opinion lies in how much your levels are played.
DwnUndr
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 04:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you all see why I left the DescentBB two years ago. Most of those people have no life and have never played the game, including most of the moderators. Just a bunch of jerks. I did nothing but helpful posts there until the mods attacked one of my teammates. Enough was enough, they are all losers over there.

Atan, you are one of the most gifted level designers ever to grace Descent 3. Six of us were playing Blown Starship last night still marveling over the detailed robots and tanks. Wonderful work you do! Subway Dancer is one of the best levels ever made. It plays fast, the detail is incredible and I personally love the modded version. There will always be freaks in every genre. Don't let them tell you what is "good". Those of us with taste KNOW what is good!

And of course there are the WONDERFUL additions you made to the D3Editor. The dedication you have put into this game is beyond measure! Those people who poop on others work aren't worth a second notice, even if their comments are hurtful. They don't know anything.

DwnUndr

Remembering 9-11 and thankful that bin Laden is now at room temperature. Smilie

Last edited by DwnUndr on 04.08.2004, 08:11; edited 2 times in total
KaTaNa
Forum-Newbie

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 04:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a damn shame you've let some people who don't even understand what it takes to design a level scare you away. I freely admit I don't know how to build one and I fully appreciate ANYONE who takes the time to contribute. I hope you change your mind, but if you don't I wish you the best.
Hydra
Forum-Newbie

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 05:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The few levels that I did do for D3 were shit, but at least I tried. Do not let people who haven't done a single thing except be assholes stop you from doing something that you are good at and obviously enjoy.

I'm a software programmer, and I've gotten much criticism, both good and bad about my software over the years. I try and take even the idiots statements and turn them positive. The rest, bah, who cares. Unless they are stuffing your PayPal account with donations, who cares? Unless they are signing your paycheck, who cares? I still write my stuff and I think you should too.

The DBB, pfftt, don't get me started. There was a time when I tried to help out there too. Don't worry about them. Do what you enjoy doing man. Your good at it.
ThunderBunny
Forum-Newbie

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 08:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in the least bit egotisical. Simply relaying my opinion. If you think a movie is bad, you're going to say "man, that movie sucked." The premise of "well, you try and do better" does not hold since most of us don't act, direct or produce a movie or have the resources to make our own. This does not disqualifiy one from having an opinion though.

Atan may have labored away several days and/or weeks on a project...but it's the end result that counts. Auf den Arm nehmen

My opinion alone. I'm not starting a crusade against 'atan the sucky level maker.' Other levels he's made are cool...
exi
Best Boy

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 09:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Bunny, but only the poor brained say the movie sucks. I'm missing realy good arguments.

This is your very own opinion. But it's not the reason that SubwayDancer is one of the most played levels, since Atan has made it. It looks a bit like flaming.

And this IS flaming. The smilie wouldn't make it better.

And Sancho?

Maybe he's a blockhead. Maybe it's a smilie at the end of his post and he's just joking.

Uuuups - he is a blockhead. I never play in level I don't like. grinsen

OK boyz. Enough jokes about you. Get your asses up and talk to Atan. You both think he's a good level designer. Do you realy want to lose him and his good work? I don't!

Last edited by exi on 04.08.2004, 09:55; edited 1 time in total
VladimirII
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

To subwaydancer, one like it and the other hate it.
I play this map because on subwaydancer play everytime someone, bevor Nogly told me how to use the Zyklon I hate the map, so I would say Thunder Bunny is a bad player who can´t accept it.
Smiddy
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

...one tear for suncho Traurig and one for thunderbunny Traurig .

R they jealous? .... oh yes!!! Obviously damned jealous!

@Atan. Possibly a price for ur tremendous success with ur levels. Thxs again, Atan.

karx11erx
Diedel

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Atan,

There are a lot of mis-behaving, illiterate idiots on the DBB who don't even know how to express criticism in an acceptable and constructive way. Just ignore the butt heads and stick with the decent people there. Winken

Keep up the good work. You know there are people around who appreciate it. Smilie

@exi,

das '=)' Smiley ist ein verschämter Augenaufschlag und bekräftigt im Grunde Sunchos Aussage.

@Alle,

was habe ich im DBB schon für Deppen erlebt. Es gibt einige nette Leute da, aber der Durchschnitt sind halbgebildete primitive Idioten. Es lohnt sich nicht, mit denen zu streiten oder auch nur auf sie zu hören.

@Thunderbunny,

in your derisive way you put down Atan's work, you're nothing but the typical braindead, illiterate American who believes he can insult everybody and mock at what they do and get away with it. Maybe you can on the DBB (because it seems to be full of retards like you), but this is another place, and the people here are not only adult by age.

Do us a favor and get lost already.

karx11erx a.k.a. Diedel

Last edited by karx11erx on 04.08.2004, 22:41; edited 11 times in total
Nogly
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Atan.

Subway Dancer is the most and best ONLINE Game. THX for this game Atan. Sehr glücklich

No other Game played by many peoples every day, every hour, every Minuntes. Sehr glücklich

Atan da Du auch deutsch verstehst weist Du was ich meine da mein Englisch Gramatik nicht so gut ist! Smilie
DDevil
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Germans

Lasst es bitte bei der englischen Sprache, sonst verstehen euch die anderen doch nicht Winken

@all

So what ? Kids are talking lots of Bull.. . Let them talk. DBB, what is that ? I go over there, read post and leave because the Themes in there are not in my Interests. Only BLA BLA BLA.

@Atan

PLEASE dont give up. As most People here in wrote, YOU DO A GOOD JOB !

The Lvl Subway bring to the Player a little bit different playing. No sitting in a corner waitin to hit with MD.
Normally you have to move FAST. You have to learn the Lvl until you can fly blind in it.
A lot of players came in in the first time after release and they are wondering about the modded weapons.They blame on it. BUT by now you can see them playing because they have understand ( IMHO ) what you have to do : HUNTING !

And right, as you look on the serverlists you allways see at least one server runing the level !
MOST TIME FULL, if there is only one Böse

For me it is one of the most played, hated AND loved lvls around. I personally love to play it.
( Guess, that reminds me to buy a new Joy, destroid again one, like every month playing Subway Winken )

KaTaNa
Forum-Newbie

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

@karx11erx

Please don't stereotype Americans...nothing is "typical" here in the USA. Trust me, I live here...

Thank you... Cool
Do_Checkor
Administrator

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ All new users: Welcome to Descentforum.DE !

@ All Germans: I deleted all german posts because this the ENGLISH embassy. There are 15 forums for german language - THIS is NONE. If you have to say something in german to others use PM or so. Thank you. Smilie

@ Atan: I don't understand why you can't accept that there are people who dislike some of your levels. Sometimes I think that you seem to try to be always "the perfect designer / programmer" and if people come to citicise you, you always seem to be down... How come? Personally I like it very much that you spend a very good work on the D3-Level-Editor and made some very cool looking levels (personally I dislike weapon-modded-levels wich is nothing against you personally nor your levels).

Come on dude! We all like your work but you HAVE to accept that there are people with an unpresentable way of displaying opinions or just beein sarcastic. Personally I don't read the whole DBB, even if I am a moderator because I see too much non-playing people who seem to have too much free-time that is spend with flaming and talking shit.

I think it would be very nice if you'd stay and make some more cool projects like levels.

(PS: If i would leave the community because of strange, bad, whatever uncool opinions of others I would have left 4 years ago. You always have to see that there are people who see you as a kinda guru or level-god because some play NOTHING else then your levels - so WHAT do you want?)

if you stay with your wish to leave: best regards - maybe we see each other on LAN or so, some day.

Martin "Do_Checkor" Timmermann
Atan

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Martin

@ Atan: I don't understand why you can't accept that there are people who dislike some of your levels

You didn't get the meaning.
I always accepted if someone dislike any of my levels, but I never did accept the way some handled this.
Sure I tried to do a good job always and sure I was down seeing post like I must see it over the years.
I thought I made my thinking clear at DBB in my last post there,
I can't like the way how critic was handled be some guys, guys, who kicked out generations of level designers over the years just by flaming and talking loud. As I said, I took this over more thean 10 years now, so I can't see why you can't understand why I'm ready with this.

[/quote]
KaTaNa
Forum-Newbie

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll miss you, bud!!
Do_Checkor
Administrator

PostPosted: 04.08.2004, 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

...because I don't see that you or your work EVER got offended on THIS board. Citic -> ofcourse but NO reason to leave the community. Leider scheinst Du schon zu sehr von Deiner Entscheidung überzeugt zu sein, und ich stehe Dir nicht nahe genug um dies nun noch zu ändern, aber wenn ich könnte, würde ich es tun.
pipsqueak
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 05.08.2004, 01:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you didn't see my post on the DBB, I'll reiterate, Atan, If you're tired and you've had enough go ahead and quit. Just don't leave because of someone's negative comments. While I'm not really a fan of SD, (I happen to love Blown Starship, I especially love the robot thingys) I can certainly appreciate the work that goes into making a level. One thing you can say that many many others cannot is that you've created a level that constantly gets played. There aren't many levels that get the amount of play time that SD gets.

Many times people say something isn't good because THEY don't like it not because its actually good or bad. "Regular SD is good and modded SD is bad". Who the heck can really say that. Its a personal opinion regardless of what the person that says it thinks. So if your leaving because of some negative comments I think you're making a mistake. If, however, you've had enough, by all means cya and good luck!

Also, It would be a terrible shame for your to stop working on D3 Edit. I don't think there is anyone in the D3 development community who hasn't benefited from your work in this area.

DigiJo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 05.08.2004, 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you really want to leave atan, then by all means, good bye and thank you for your wonderfull work most of us appreciated. but still the majority of the descent3 players are supporting you by playing your stuff all day. (and using your d3edit version hehe) so where is the problem? i dont like the idea that a few rude people can drive away our talented levelbuilders / modders / coders traurig , while the majority is doing what they call "having fun" , playing your levels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: