Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Post your Descent based Collections! Lock 'n' Load !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DwnUndr
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 13.11.2009, 05:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffzzhh wrote:
With Freelancer its my favourite Space-Shooter.

Can't help with Freespace, but RIP has made a Freelancer mod called The UnderVerse. Catch up with us here: http://UnderVerse.us Auf den Arm nehmen

We just added another new ship for the next release:

Heh, please delete this if it is a topic stealer.

Remembering 9-11 and thankful that bin Laden is now at room temperature. Smilie

Last edited by DwnUndr on 13.11.2009, 05:56; edited 2 times in total
Markus
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 13.11.2009, 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffzzhh wrote:

Has anyone fun to play a round Freespace online?

Yes, me Sehr glücklich But i have search for my CD, 1st Traurig

Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 13.11.2009, 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the other good mod is Wing Commander Saga Winken Though it can also be run without the need of Freespace 2, here it is btw Smilie
http://www.wcnews.com/fanprojects/wcsaga

and no I have never done a Freespace online but I suppose it can get very hectic , Freespace is famous of it's intense and insane space dogfights haha, even Freelancer can't equal to that rofl.
It wasn't bad but it lacked the most important part, no Joystick support.

@ DwnUndr

LMAO! hahaha wtf a flying Sub ,hmm it does remind me from a cartoon of the 1980's , it featured a flying ship or sub what it was, it had a beam cannon where the bulb is, just under the nose of your sub rofl, back then it was a powerful battleship heh.
Can't recall the series though.

Btw I DL'ed it mate!! thx for your work in this beauty!!

Last edited by Gold Leader on 13.11.2009, 16:24; edited 4 times in total
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 20.01.2010, 17:55    Post subject: The Largest Descent/Freespace Collection got Bigger! Reply with quote

Hi all ,well I had to keep something for 2K10 so here's some nice stuff which arrived last year about 1 month ago Smilie

For my birthday I recieved this very rare boxed version of Descent II Destination Quartzon Demo, it's the version that was bundled with some Logitech Wingman Xtreme Joysticks in Austria.

Here i made a comparrison shot of this rare DII demo with the retail DII USA box, it's alot smaller and thinner too, but Interplay did keep the same basic box colouration pattern, the robot is gray on the Demo as it's brown on the retail version, such small details etc.:

The other item I was looking for and I finally succeeded in finding was the official Strategy Guide for Freespace 2, it's not from Bradey games like the ones from Descent 1, 2 and 3 are and the one from Freespace: the Great War is, but it's from a writer named Doug Radcliff and it seems that this book is the offiical strategy from interplay as well. so it does look different as cover style goes but it was surely a very hard piece to obtain:

Here all my books I have completed over the years, all 8 different books made for the Descent & Freespace series, two duplicates though, ah well sometimes you buy a game set which contains many sealed games and yes with such things duplicates can happen Smilie

For now well so far so good the Freespace collection segment is complete as far as that goes, as for Descent I still seek these 4:

Descent For Macintosh

Descent II For Macintosh

Descent 3 For Macintosh

Descent 3 For Linux

All of these must be boxed at the least or sealed if possible Smilie

Last edited by Gold Leader on 20.01.2010, 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Floyd
Forum-Orakel

PostPosted: 02.05.2010, 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold Leader: if you're interested: http://www.descentforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56883#56883 (with shipping adjusted ofc.)
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 06.05.2010, 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

It has been some time that I have showed a new part of my collection and this seems the right moment, about 5 weeks ago Frusticus from D2X-XL, a forum moderator from that place sent me a very cool gift as respect of having the worlds largest known Descent / Freespace collection and thereby being so open with it as well, I was like hey man I'd love to pay you for it really it's not really much of an issue, he was like no man this one is deticated for you I don't do much with it anyways.

So here it is then Smilie

Big Thanks go to Frustikus from the D2X-XL Team!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

@ Floyd

thx for the link man, I'll pass it on for ya Winken I don't collect 3dfx cards much more, unless it's avery rare Engineering Sample of a Voodoo5 for example , but as production samples go, nah man done that many times in the past hehe.
I'll post your ebay urls on my Twitterpage and facebook Winken

Peace man.

Last edited by Gold Leader on 06.05.2010, 14:56; edited 4 times in total
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 08.06.2010, 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news everyone Smilie

After some busy times I am still collecting Descent and Freespace games, this is probably one of the rarest ones that have been added and yeah sorry for not being around much , I kinda had alot of other things going on over here as well hehe, great to see this place is still intact.

Today @ 12:28PM Descent3 for Linux by Loki Games arrived and the quality of the product is like new!

here some sweet pics Smilie

After8 years looking this really made the Descent / Freespace collection more complete, hopefully one day Descent 1, 2 and 3 for Apple Macintosh will be added in just the same quality as this beauty Cool

Last edited by Gold Leader on 08.06.2010, 16:12; edited 1 time in total
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something nice and extremely rare arrived today:

Descent3: Mercenary USA Pre-Release Factory Sealed + NOT FOR RESALE Decal under the seal on the box Smilie

Click to Enter!

Great and many thanks to a good friend of mine from USA for this one, a gift of many words Cool

Last edited by Gold Leader on 12.10.2010, 16:35; edited 2 times in total
Maulwurf
aka Seeker

PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems as if this label is getting more worthy every day. so just do what it tells you Winken
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maulwurf wrote:
seems as if this label is getting more worthy every day. so just do what it tells you Winken

Yeah that's one thing for sure, this was a gift from a x-3dfx.com mate of mine from USA, I was very surprised to see that there are prototypes of games even in sealed boxed format, never knew this kinda existed! Überrascht

It is real none the less, there must be alot more out there of all the other versions of Descent and Freespace, I guess my quest by searching pre-releases has kinda begun and made the choice of variation for this collection greater, but it won't be easy that's one thing to keep in mind Cool

Last edited by Gold Leader on 14.09.2010, 18:18; edited 2 times in total
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 12.10.2010, 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following items will be added to the collection, they are all in transist from USA to my place, in NL.

The Interplay 20th Anniversary Edition is finally achieved and obtained Smilie
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360301497899&ssPageName=STRK

Finally it is Mine Sehr glücklich Sehr glücklich

Also these parts are on their way:

The Framed Descent II Featured Magazine Cover Piece:

An Interplay envelope

The 3 CDR's (Scratched out Pre-Release or Beta-Release, Descent 1.0 burned disc, Beta/QA disc)

Stay tuned for more my friends of DXX-Rebirth, because with this there will be some Interplay goodies added as gift Cool

They come from the Interplay office, when it was shut down in 2004, thx to some nice contacts I was able to buy these original host CD's of the first ever printed on CD Descent Software as you can see it's Disk 0, thereby meaning this is the first one made with Descent 1.0, this was the game that went final this CD is the host and it's the only one in the enitre universe.

The other CD-R's also have Descent 1 and 2 alpha & beta software on them and they are also the only in existance in the world, the wall mount hung in the hallway near the Descent II segment of the interplay head office and the Interplay envelope is also from that main office building, this is in iotherwords the host software, where only one of exists, that are these ;D

Yeah this is where the heart of collecting just get's a tad more exciting, once these wonderful items arrive, prepare for a great photo shootout, I might even try one of them Descent beta's with DXX-Rebirth 0.56 & D2X-XL 1.15.90. just to see if it will work with both of these projects Winken

Stay Tuned.

Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 13.10.2010, 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good news is that Freespace part of the World's Largest Descent / Freespace collection has been completed Cool

Meet Freespace2 Interplay 20th Anniversary Edition number 0953 of 2000!

It seems to be a limited produced version of Freespace2 Sci-Fi Sim of the Year Edition

As you can see that the front boxart of the FS2 Anni are lighter in coloration than that of the Sci-Fi Edition, The Anni also misses PXO logo and the www.freespace2.com website url:

These differences can be spotted on the bottom rear sides of the boxes.

The Entire Freespace Collection as it is of now Cool

Well, that was Freespace so far, it's smaller than I though it would be, but very interesting none the less.

The only ones I seek now are these in boxed or factory sealed condition:

Descent: First Strike for Apple Macintosh:

Descent II: Countertrike for Apple Macintosh:

Descent 3: The Saga Continues for apple Macintosh:

So yeah it's pretty much complete now Cool

Last edited by Gold Leader on 13.10.2010, 17:19; edited 1 time in total
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 21.10.2010, 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something nice arrived today from MasternX a guy that has a contact with one of the cleaners that worked @ Interplay HQ back in 2003 to 2004, when it was being cleared whafter it shut down.Smilie

So here's the parts in a one shot:

That frame hung in the Interplay HQ Office hallways, them CD-R's are host software of Descent 1 and 2, the one with the scratches is the Descent 1 Alpha disc, this is where it all began before it was going final, the one from 1996 is the host disk for Descent Annyversary Edition me thinks hence the date of the disk, unless some Interplay Employee's can help me out here!

Anyways this came to me all thanks to MasternX from this website:
http://forums.my-collections.eu/

However I just left that place, somethings didn't feel right, ah well no matter, sometimes it's best to leave a place before all hell breaks loose Cool

Last edited by Gold Leader on 21.10.2010, 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 21.10.2010, 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold Leader wrote:
Something nice arrived today from MasternX a guy that has a contact with one of the cleaners that worked @ Interplay HQ back in 2003 to 2004, when it was being cleared whafter it shut down.Smilie

You probably should stop here before more people are trying to rip you off.
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 23.10.2010, 02:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas wrote:
Gold Leader wrote:

You probably should stop here before more people are trying to rip you off.

Heh I didn't get ripped off , it was a good fnd for a good deal, but yeah it was a worthy find imo, as being these are the only copies known in the world of these official Descent Alpha & beta CD-R's from Interplay HQ USA Winken

Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 26.10.2010, 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here it is, only two items missing within the uber shot, which is the Interplay 7 level Descent Demo USA mini boxed:

&

BytingEdge International Inc. USA Descent 3-D Air Combat 7 Level Descent Demo

And they are within one of them many boxes and no I am not gonna do this again, since I just tidied up rofl, So to relay it all for just two lousy items? uhm no rofl

Here the entire lot:

And only the boxes which is like 70% of the entire collection:

Anyways it's f*ck'n HUGE! And yeah it's bigger than I though it was really! Crikey it even scared me rofl

I also made a little tibutial video of this with Dire Staits - So Long, which still has to be converted to DivX, once I have uploaded it I will edit this post. I chose this song because iit took me so long to build this all up, to collect them and find them, you name it!

So yeah, since October 24, 1994 til this very day, it was well worth doing and yes I will keep on collecting if I come accross something I don't own yet, don't worry my friends, it will keep growing as long as I keep finding new items to add to it Cool

Floyd
Forum-Orakel

PostPosted: 26.10.2010, 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might sound unsettling for you, but it seems you're still missing some 3rd-party re-releases, like these:

http://www.amazon.de/edel-distribution-GmbH-Descent-Xplosiv/dp/B000JUB9GU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1288106539&sr=8-4
http://www.amazon.de/Descent-3-Mercenary-Add-on-Xplosiv/dp/B000JUB9GK/ref=sr_1_22?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288106705&sr=1-22
http://www.amazon.de/Avalon-Descent-3-Mercenary/dp/B00004TP0P/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1288106539&sr=8-13
http://www.amazon.de/Solid-Games-Descent-3-Mercenary/dp/B0027M8AXS/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288106582&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.de/Alltainment-Descent-3-Sold-Out/dp/B00006RYW6/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288106582&sr=1-6
http://www.amazon.de/Acclaim-Descent-Blackmarket/dp/B00006FS5C/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288106582&sr=1-9
http://www.amazon.de/TLC-Descent-2-Super-Preis/dp/3896270818/ref=pd_sim_vg_1
http://www.amazon.de/Acclaim-Descent-1-2/dp/B00004TOQ2/ref=sr_1_14?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288106697&sr=1-14
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 16.03.2011, 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only collect the originals Winken The 3rd party ones don't count for my collection the goal of my collection is to obtain the orginal releases by Parallax Software, Interplay, Outrage & Vollution only Winken Which I did do Cool

And oh as for this one:
http://www.amazon.de/Acclaim-Descent-1-2/dp/B00004TOQ2/ref=sr_1_14?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288106697&sr=1-14

I have all 3 versions of that one and that is an original combo pack and not a 3rd party version Winken
You can find them here:

the left one is the USA version with a D3 Demo included and the big one on the right is the European version, but without the D3 Demo, both are factory sealed. the foldout one is the sleeved version, which was a after release of the same game combo pack.
The venturepack was released in Germany and Austria only, that cotains the following:
Descent: First Strike!
Descent: Levels of The World
Descent 2: Counterstrike!
Descent 2: Vertigo
Descent 2: Mission Builder
Descent 3: Retribution
Descent3 Mercenary

This all on 4 CD's in one box and if you have looked at the picin my previous post you would of seen all of these Winken

Last edited by Gold Leader on 16.03.2011, 23:30; edited 2 times in total
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 16.03.2013, 00:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a collection update, I did my recount today and found out that I have 102 items and not 112, so yeah it was good to find out what I really have collected them past 18 years and 4 months.

So here the two factory sealed items I bought off ebay from Old game collectors I think, since such find a are near to impossible these days. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Descent I and II The Definitive Collection Big Box USA Version Factory Sealed, this item is from 1997, so it's been like this for the past 16 years... Sehr glücklich Sehr glücklich Sehr glücklich

Top view:

Rear view:

All four variants top view
Top left is EUR version without D3 Demo
Top right is USA Version with D3 Demo
Bottom left is Big Box USA version with D3Demo
Bottom right is Sleeved USA version without D3 Demo

All four variants down view
Top left is EUR version without D3 Demo
Top right is USA Version with D3 Demo
Bottom left is Big Box USA version with D3Demo
Bottom right is Sleeved USA version without D3 Demo

Descent Freespace: Battle Pack USA Factory Sealed top:

Descent Freespace: Battle Pack USA Factory Sealed rear:

Descent Freespace Battle Pack EUR & USA top

Descent Freespace Battle Pack EUR & USA top

And here the entire Collection 96 of 102 items, my floor was not large enough rofl :H: :lol!:

Top lot:

Centre lot:

Bottom lot:

Entire Lot:

The other items I forgot to take new pics of were these:

Self made Descent based Mouse pads:

Descent 2 Promo Mousepad, a Gift from D2X-XL Moderator Frustikus

Descent 2 & Freespace 2 Case Mod:

PyroGX from Descent 2 Release painted in 1996:

Hercules MK III, Vesudan Dreadnaught & Shivan Carrier from Freespace2 Painted in 1999:

Descent IV: Invasion RTF file of Floppy Disk:

Here a video I made of the entire collection today Smilie
http://www.youtube.com/v/_bBy5cb5ec4

Last edited by Gold Leader on 16.03.2013, 01:07; edited 2 times in total
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 05.09.2018, 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all it's been a while,

Sadly I kind of lost track from here, but gladly I found it back again Smilie

As for my collection, well it did get some updates after I managed to get that D4 rtf file from my friend Alter-Fox <3
But it also has come to an end well for now, not to worry I do still have it all well tucked away Smilie

So here the latest items:

Item 103
This ultra rare 1998 Descent: Freespace: The Great War Interplay Developer's T-Shirt
Front:

Rear:

Item 104:
JukeBox Collection for Descent French D1 Mission Disc
[img=http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/62683-1/French+Descent+Mission+Disk.JPG[/img]
Pic is from the seller, I will make a better documented photography of this odd item.

Item 105:
And the infamous Spacetec IMC Cooperation Spaceorb360 Game Controller! xDDD

Force n Torque Sensitivity
Patented SENSITIVE FORCE n TORQUE technology built into the SpaceOrb™ 360 PowerSensor ball senses up all the pushes, pulls and twists that you apply among the axes and translates them into fluid and smooth movement in your game - with over 1,000 levels of speed!

Pretend its Your Head
Think of the PowerSensor as your head, and move the head in the way you want to move on-screen. To move forward, just push with your thumb on the back of the ball (or head), and youll move down the hallway. To move backward, pull from the front of the ball, and you'll go back. To look left or right or spin, twist the ball from side to side and you'll look or spin on screen.

This Interesting controller was especially designed for any 6DoF based game, the Descent and Forsaken series were famous of this 6DoF technique being used.
[img=http://www.cwonline.com/store/product_images/1108-2.jpg]

Powerful Digital Interface
Adding a true DIGITAL interface through a powerful serial port and how fast and how slow you move in your game depends on how much force you use on the PowerSensor ball. To move forward slowly, lightly push the ball forward. To move faster, increase the pressure until you reach top speed. The SpaceOrb is a 10-bit device allowing for over 1,000 levels of speed. With the Customizer, you can fine tune axis sensitivity exactly to your needs. You can even adjust the sensitivity of EACH AXIS with our new GameMaster software.

The Spacetec Space orb 360 is a real worthy item for the World's Largest Descent / Freespace collection, this way it will keep on growing and hereby I also increase our nice descent / Freespace Reference.

Spacetec Space Orb 360 Joy Pad Controller top:

Spacetec Space Orb 360 Joy Pad Controller rear:

Spacetec Space Orb 360 Joy Pad Controller Button Layout:

Here a cool video of how to use the Orb Shield & Arduino module:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P3_SYV2zEE

Here an other handy site explaining the Orb Shield and the Arduino module:
http://www.hanselman.com/blog/TheBestControllerForFPSASpaceTecSpaceOrb360ControllerWorkingWithWindows7UsingArduinoAndOrbShield.aspx

This page shows other types of Spacemice made:
http://spacemice.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Item 106:
A good friend from the Sol Contingency Community made the 3D Printed model of the infamous Pyro-GX Starfighter, this wonderful piece was sent to me to respect the collection and archive I have been maintaining all those years:
[img=http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/63133-2/Pyro-GX+front+angled.jpg]
Rear angled right view:

Facial view:

Rear view:

Belly view:

Here a pic I made to give you an idea of it's size, as I have compared it with Descent 2 EUR and the CD Case xD
[img=http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/64849-2/D2+EUR+_+Pyro-GX++Model.jpg[/img]

Anyways that is about it from my part alongside Descent & Freespace collecting I build Multcore Dual CPU based server/workstation system, I am 2CPU Hardware Moderator @ 2CPU.com as Gold Leader.
http://forums.2cpu.com/

If any help is of need to build the ultimate server feel free to join or ask me in person I will do my best to help you on such things as well Smilie
Also I help 411OverKill.com:
http://www.411overkill.com/viewtopic.php?f=92&amp;t=8455

EVGA Graphics with certain PC Renovation projects, VGA card Maintenance guide and also creator and maker of the EVGA MODS RIGS +1 list for Chrome M Dragon and the EVGA Community it's self Smilie
http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1277006&amp;mpage=30#1588237

Before my Descent life i used to Beta test 3dfx Voodoo5 5000 & 6000 Class Engineering Samples for the 3dfx community I wrote a report of that which you can see here:
http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2185131

Anyways II can go on, but I think I will keep it to this for now and I really look forward how this project will unfold.

My favorite of all time is Dimensions for Descent Factory Sealed which is extremely rare it also has the original price tag on the box, even being this was a map disk of 75 D1 maps made by D1 fans across the world , there is also Levels of The World but that is something more common that this beauty.

Descent2 EUR

Descent II The Infinite Abyss

The Descent Macplay series are very cool too:

The Three different D3 USA's Mac/ PC / Linux

There are just so many I love, it's often hard to really choose just one ^_^

Item 108:
Also I backed Descent Underground with a sweet 250 USD Pledge as Backer #3144! Smilie

Well here's the latest addition Item 109

Descent II: The Infinite Edition USA 1997 Factory Sealed! Still new in Cellophane Shrink Wrap!

Top:

Rear:

Side a:

Side b:

And where it is stored Smilie

Last edited by Gold Leader on 05.09.2018, 16:43; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: