Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Descent Task Force Rebooted & D1 18th Anniversary!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 15.07.2012, 04:42    Post subject: Descent Task Force Rebooted & D1 18th Anniversary! Reply with quote

Hi all Smilie

Some time ago a good friend of mine and I Co-Founded a Descent gaming league to retain the Descent gaming community, thus we named it as Descent Task Force, even that the place ran great for like 4 months, after these golden days my friend Celestial got ill and was MIA for 12 weeks, and during these days the activity of the Descent Task Force was bleeding.

So an other good friend of mine aka PigmyRhino aka PigmyMonoclonius from Red Dragons Squadron, Descent Rangers and I as Tylosaurus have decided to reboot the place with a new forum and 4 Admins, so if a few get ill there shall always be one around.

Our new place can be found here:

Click to Enter!

So hereby we are seeking our old members and many new members too, our mission is to keep the Descent games alive this way.

The games we play use DXX-Rebirth only, this is most commonly used for Descent 1 & 2 multiplayer, Descent 3 players are also welcome, also if you are from a Descent clan or league you are also welcome, the DTF is here to make the Descent universe a happier one and pleasant one for all types of Descent players. D2X-XL can be played for single player, but multiplyer wise we can only accept DXX-Rebirth, since it's more stable and much more to the point when it comes to hosting games and such under various operating systems.

On December 17, 2012 , this year, Descent 1 will meet it's 18th Anniversary, this is the date the game officially launched as the 3.5" FDD Edition.

As Co-Founder of the Descent Task Force, I am planning this event to take place on December 17, 2012 Smilie

Let's take a walk down Memory Lane shall we Mr. Green

Within the EUR it looks like this:

Outside the EUR it looks like this:

This day we shall host and play Descent 1 based games only, other versions of Descent like Descet2 & Descent 3 series shall not be hosted nor played.
That people still play an 18 year old game always surprises me greatly, this day will be seen a major one within the entire Descent community and I will pass this on, in almost every forum I am a part of, to draw the greatest attention to this great day, one many of us shall never forget.

So hereby I am looking forward to see multiple games being hosted on that day and night.

Happy Flying everyone and keep your wings leveled! Cool

Last edited by Gold Leader on 15.07.2012, 05:12; edited 1 time in total
Do_Checkor
Administrator

PostPosted: 16.07.2012, 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Thanks my friend!
Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 18.07.2012, 05:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries mate, great top see that you are still around mate! Sehr glücklich

Always feel free to join The Descent Task Force too, all you need to do is Register to the forums, make a sweet introduction of yourself , just you got interested in Descent and what made you make the move and suc, also tell us with who did you found this place for example and also other things that interest you Smilie And the main thing we'd like everyone to have is fun! Cool

Gold Leader
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 20.09.2012, 02:00    Post subject: We have gone back to our old home! DTF 2.0 has closed. Reply with quote

Hi all Smilie

The Descent Task Force is back again! Celestial and I have revamped the place a bit Smilie

Click to Enter!

So hereby Celestial and I are back to get this show up and running again, I as Obi-Wan Kenobi , but as some also know me as Gold Leader & Tylosaurus alike Smilie

We are always seeking new and old members from all over the place, players from KALI & KAHN are very welcome, so are people from places like VEX, Descent Rangers, Australian Descent League, Clan Sharks & Wild Cards all but welcome. smiley: happy smiley: happy smiley: happy
The Descent Task Force is a place for everyone, for every Descent fan, so feel like joining? That is very easy, just register at the forums and make your introduction here:
http://dtaskforce.forumotion.com/f5-introductions

There you can introduce yourself, tell us how you became interested and obsessed by Descent and also other things that you are interested in Smilie
Famous people like Sharpie, Tankie2, Jediluke, Big_Rat, Whoskyd, Enzo03, Gengi and many more have joined.

We mainly play Descent 1 & 2 with DXX_Rebirth, as the latest build is 0.57.3 which you can grab from here:
http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/download-dxx-rebirth/

So hay, we hope to see you in the mines some day! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: