Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Reasons for learning English

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d3jake
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 13.09.2006, 23:47    Post subject: Reasons for learning English Reply with quote

Hello all that can understand! I figured that since this section is pretty much dead that i owuld ask you guys that can understand a question.
Why did you learn(are learning) English? Was it becuase one of you friends was going to learn it and you said "sure!" Was it a required class? Did you want to talk to the US and Britain D3 players? So what're your reasons?

[08:49.54] zico: Ohh.. I found someting: "REALITY: Located where Pizza-Man comes from"

"Das Wichtigste sind wir
das Jetzt und Hier,
und dass wir alle hier zusammen sind!"
-Wise Guys "Jetzt Und Hier"
Floyd
Forum-Orakel

PostPosted: 13.09.2006, 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was required to do a second language in school, not necessarily english though. but english is the world language and thus was seen as required to do buisiness in the future (i already had the opportunity to use it that way). when i went online i had to improve it significantly to be able to understand you guys in chat and to read english web sites. thanks again to all who helped me improve lächeln.
it is also required for a universitary study. it also comes in handy in other countries and to read english product manuals (sometimes there is no other language provided).
Zorc
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 14.09.2006, 00:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

same as floyd. had englisch lessons in school, but would have learned english anyways i think, it´s just essential. you can get by anywhere with a basic knowlege in english - except of france, of cource, my impression is, the french tend to refuse admitting that they speak english, they just expect you to speak french.. must be a matter of national prestige, la grande nation still believes in the "francophonie".
d3jake
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 14.09.2006, 00:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, cool.

Well, for those that are wondering, I'm learning German becuase..well... i can't think of it really, my sister took it when she was in High school, so i guess that's why. Though now I can ask you guys for help on my German homework Sehr glücklich

[08:49.54] zico: Ohh.. I found someting: "REALITY: Located where Pizza-Man comes from"

"Das Wichtigste sind wir
das Jetzt und Hier,
und dass wir alle hier zusammen sind!"
-Wise Guys "Jetzt Und Hier"
vinz
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 14.09.2006, 01:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my school you had to take at least 2 foreign languages. english was required for everyone and then there were french, spanish and latin. I took french and latin (instead of more maths Mit den Augen rollen). if I could only speak french now ... Geschockt
Smiddy
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 14.09.2006, 07:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the german high school u have to take 2 forgein language.

But my english improved much, when i translated a book with great passion for me. [Hard work]

I translated 1400 !!!! words manually to understand the thoughts of the author precise.

It was a book about the mental strategies of the businessman Walt Disney and his mental and communicative strategies.

I never reached a level thats enough for enjoying shakespeare in english and i regret that, cause every language has its own beauty and unique possiblilities.

U will find ur reason for performing well. (Girlfriends work well Smilie

Greetz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: