Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Sample Z

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillyP
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 05.06.2006, 00:18    Post subject: Sample Z Reply with quote

A small sample of Z-AXIS:
http://rapidshare.de/files/22219563/samplez.zip.html
Floyd
Forum-Orakel

PostPosted: 05.06.2006, 00:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks promising lächeln
played til the l15 tailbot was found and destroyed.

it might help some if it's mentioned that this is a part of an upcoming single player level.

Last edited by Floyd on 05.06.2006, 00:55; edited 1 time in total
WillyP
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 05.06.2006, 01:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... This is a few rooms that I put together as a level to test lighting, scripting, etc... They are meant to be part of a larger level I've been working on for some time now.

I've already made a few changes to these rooms, most notably the small doors will be much bigger to accomadate the larger bots.

Sometimes the music changes regions and sometimes not... I'm still working on that. I think it's where in the scripting I put the line to change, but that's just a guess... Any clues?

If youve killed the L15 Tailbot, the Superthief and L15 Thresher are not far away... sometimes the tailbot will come out into the large room. They are not hard to find and kill... then the level will end.

Last edited by WillyP on 05.06.2006, 01:24; edited 1 time in total
Atan

PostPosted: 05.06.2006, 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks nice Willy, maybe the fight is a little too wild for me Smilie
About the sound regions, I don't have ideas about that. Just played around with it a little in the past, must have a deeper look before I could help.
WillyP
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 06.06.2006, 00:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get regions, open your .cpp and do like this:
// If you want Regions copy and paste lines below into this custom Block
/*
$$ENUM Region
0 : Default
1 : area1
2 : area2
$$END
*/

In your script do NOT use 0 : Default. Your wav must be PCM 22050HZ, 8bit, mono. Use Windows sound recorder to convert your wav to this format. You must also use MusicTester to convert your .wav to .osf. In MusicTester make a region 'area1' and another 'area2'. Load the .omf that MusicTester creates into Quicktest and select it as your level music. You also need to load your .osf into Quicktest.

My thought was that if i call the region in certian ways that the previous music is still playing and D3 forgets to execute the change of regions by the time the loop is finished. IIRC, I had tagged the change onto the closing of the big gates, I also tried using killed bots, which seemed worse, and using a seperate script, ie player in room.

As far as the fight too wild, I meant to have fewer but larger bots, but the small doors are too small... I've already enlarged them for my level. I think the small bots are harder than the big ones as they are hard to hit in a large room.

Also in the script the timers for the doors vary with skill level, so if you play on insane they will open quickly one after another. At Trainee level you will kill a few at a time... in the finish level it will be one large bot at a time. Perhaps for the lower skill levels I will add the condition of killing one before opening another, instead of timers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> English Embassy / International Descenters Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: