Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

PyroGT fertig und klar für Takeoff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Level-, Design und Entwicklungs - Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiJo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 09.11.2003, 00:54    Post subject: PyroGT fertig und klar für Takeoff Reply with quote

(thread war verloren gegegangen, war ungefähr so:)

Moin Piloten,
heizt die motoren an, die PyroGT ist fertig:

download hier:
[url]http://descent3fischlein.de/levels/metropolis_gt.zip[/url]

und die readme:

Metropolis_GT featuring PyroGT
--------------------------------------

Features:
-PyroGT by DigiJo / Supersheep
-Weaponseffects from Testiculese
-Metropolis, original from Tminusten, rebuild by DigiJo (CTf Compatiblity, lightning, terrain, objects , subway stations, textures)
-some new weapon sounds (mortar, microwave, plasma, Vauss)

i suggest a 1.6 gig+ cpu with a good graficboard. tests where made on a athlon xp 2400+, radeon 8500 giving above 80 fps on full details in all situations. (120 average)

PyroGT: (PyroGT is a new Ship from the Pyro Class)
---------------------------------------------------
Replacing the PyroGL in this Level:

Features:
-Highpoly (~2500)
-High Resolution Textures
-Animations (Engine, Vauss)

PyroGT Shields Compared to PyroGL:
-Shield Radius is minimal bigger then GL Shield, same strength. Easier to hit.

PyroGT Weapons compared to PyroGL:
(Comment: nothing on the weapons is edited, all weapons do the same damage as before, have the same radius, speed etc.. only the way pyrogt is firing it is different from gl on some weps.)

Pros:
-Laser /Supers firing at lil higher Rate (lasers are not faster, but firing at higher rate, damage the same.)

-Plasma fires a lil bit slower but is alternating. 2 blobs from inner gun, two blobs from outer gun etc.

-EMD is fired alternating from gunpoint 1 to 4 now. (1 to 2 on gl)

-Tri Napalm cannon, fires from gunpoint 0 1 2 now. uses less ammo.

-Double concussion: fires double concussion, but has higher reloadrate. 2 concs needed for fire.

Cons:
-MD Reloadrate is slower
-MD can carry only 20 bullets
-Vauss can carry only 8000 bullets
-Plamsa fires a lil slower
-double concs fires a lil slower
-fusion uses lot more energy

PyroGT Movement compared to PyroGL
-PyroGT is a lil faster then the Pyrogl, but turn /pitch rate is lower. (both only minor changes)

PyroGT Reticle:
Thiner lines for better view in dogfights, added coloured weapon indicators. red for active secondarys, blue for active prims.

thats all, did not want to change to much, ship still should be pyro class.

Weapon Effects:
-------------------------
There are all the Weapon effects in from Testiculese, put the detail on high otherwise you will miss something Smilie , i love all the particles floating around hehe.

Sound:
I have made some new sounds for Vauss, Mortar explosion, Microwave. Plasma is the old Plasmasound from D2 /D1.
have made some more sounds but found after a while, they are not good enough for d3 hehe

Level:
Compatible with Anarchy, Team Anarchy, CTF for 6 to 14 Players.

Metropolis was original designed by Tminusten, i have retexured it a little bit, made 2 new flagbases (the subway-stations), added volume lighning, added the viewpoint to the terrain above, made some new objects like the solar system, redesigned the lamps and trains (they are destroyable now. if they are in your way, kill them hehe) and some other minor changes.

ah, and obviously i added the PyroGT Winken

hmm that was it, cookies go to supersheep for his awesome tools, helping me with the pyrogt and doing the complete uv-mapping on it. Tminusten for allowing me to modify his cool level "Metropolis" for PyroGT release, and Testiculese for allowing me to use his weaponeffects.

d3 CAN do some eyecandy, burn the trains in monkey mode hehe Winken

ah and cookies go to everyone else that helped me betatesting, tips and tricks, hints for weaponbalance, reticles and so on like dwnundr, hunter and lot of other levelbuilder/player. thx guys.

hope you have the same fun playing this PyroGT in Metropolis as i had making it.
[NuB2]DigiJo

(comments to: digijo@gmx.de please)

btw: if the player like this ship i will make an expansion pack so that everybody can choose 5 ships instead of four, like it was done with the bp-add on.

------------
ah last but not least, a bug:
on many computers the PyroGT seems to shake harder on Vauss impact then it should do, making it difficult to control for a second. i have absolute no clue what causes this. if anybody knows, feel free to mail me. (i think i have checked everything, but no luck)
------------

viel spaß mit dem schiff,
Digi

DigiJo
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 09.11.2003, 00:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hat sich nachträglich noch ein bug aufgetan, wenn die mission zu ende ist crasht der level d3, falls kein mercenary installiert ist. v1.1 kommt bald, sorry leute.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Level-, Design und Entwicklungs - Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: