Descentforum.DE Forum Index Descentforum.DE
Search | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Newsfeed Newsfeed  Register
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in 
Chat | D3-Tactics | Downloads | Map | Links | Serverlist | Teamspeak 

Descent 4 von Volition???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Alternativen - Clones - Visionen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vengeance
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 02.02.2003, 21:20    Post subject: Descent 4 von Volition??? Reply with quote

Heute bei Planetdescent

Soupe Du Jour: Hindsight
Way back in the day, Descent 3 was a new game. (Just throught I'd mention that for some of the newbies who might not have been sure. ) What's more, there was a time, shortly after its release, where nobody knew exactly how much of a failure Interplay's "ad campaign", if it's worthy of such a title, had been. That said, the community was fairly confident that Descent 4, especially given the way the Red Craption concept art was being labeled on the Volition site. Needless to say, based on that link's address, I've been doing some nostalgic digging. What was I digging for? Assassin's Descent 4 article.
Now, if nothing comes of this poll on Interplay's site, even the stubborn are going to have to face the strong probability that Descent is a dead license. Looking at what's happened between D3's release and the present though, maybe that's better than the alternatives... Descent 4 was almost a ground pounder for crying out loud! Talk about alienating the fan base, but that's a different tangent entirely. Over the last four years, the Descent license has had a brush with gravity, a short abduction by an unproven design studio, and now it's being hung on a line and dangled before us like bait for a fish. Sure does make for a hell of a four years...

Der Artikel auf der Assasin Page:

Articles : Descent 4, Looking Ahead
Daniel "Assasin" Evans

Descent 3 is out and thriving... so what's next? Volition will be developing Descent 4, and it's gonna be cool.

The DescentBB recently started up two new forums about Descent 4. I knew what I would see before the page loaded: the "take out this" and "how about this" comments, and even the inevitable "Homing fusion, yeah! Rock on!" While I could tell you about my personal dream weapon, (something close to the pr0n launcher) I won't waste your time on this.

Instead I would much rather waste your time by discussing D4's gameplay in general. Since those aforementioned pics were released people have been moaning and groaning about how Volition is "screwing it up" by changing the gameplay. Indeed Voltion has made no secret of the fact that the traditional Pyro flight mode will be joined by many other ways to move around the mines.

I see this as a necessary evolutionary step. While it may be unnerving to leave the familiarity of Descent 1's gameplay, it is definitely time for an overhaul.

The Holy Vision

Several of the concept graphics depict a player suited up in armor reminiscent of Shogo than Mechwarrior. This, I believe, will be one mode of play. A Pyro-like ship is also shown, and in the same graphic. The implications are hard to ignore-it seems that Volition may have morphing Transformer-like ship in mind for the next Descent game, or something similar.

Cool. Think about it. You're in a cramped mine, floating through like normal and shooting up bad guys, when you reach an aquatic-access-only area. What do you do? Your ships engines won't burn very well underwater... so you hit a nice big candy-red button and your ship transforms into a personal submarine. Imagine your even greater joy when you discover this comes with homing torpedoes and a nifty dinky sonar thing. Yeah!

Another situation presents itself where you are faced with the need to go through tunnels really far, really quick, really fast. Mmm Red Buttons. This time your ship sprouts wheels, and you go racing through an under-city tunnel, shooting up bad guys and attempting to catch up with the boss that is trying to flee from your masterful presence.

All we flyboys think about is guns and sex, right? But, behold, what is this... a... puzzle? Noooooooo. D3 had them. D4 probably will too. Say one of these objects of hardcore action gamers' scorn deals with working a maintenance panel. Boink! The red button is hit, and your ship sprouts tool-arms to mess with stuff in a more subtle way than just shoving explosives in there and pulling the trigger.

As long as you've got an extremely flexible ship such as this, why not have interchangeable plug-and-play parts? Say that napalm launcher you've got in your shoulder-compartment is getting a bit lame... you pull it out, and stick in a new phat pr0n launcher! Rock on! Other interchangeable parts could include radar equipment, targeting/HUDs, and navigation/maps.

While these examples are figments of my imagination, the potential for differed gameplay is endless. This would make sure that you were always getting into new situations, and it would also facilitate something which every game, in my opinion, needs...

Gather Round, It's Story Time!

I will make no secret of the fact that my favorite games are story-based rather than shoot'em up. However, games like Half-Life have proved that you can have both. This, I think, is where Descent deserves to go.

D3 improved upon the former key-key-key-reactor-exit format, but the levels were still mission based, not storyline based. Sure, the missions weaved themselves into a storyline, but it's not the same as a continuous game like Half-Life.

The little transformo idea would make this much more possible. You could make your way across a planet, going aerial when over broad landscapes, subterranean under vast city networks, and aquatic in the rivers, lakes, and oceans.

A problem, of course, is that Descent has traditionally taken place in a variety of planets, with different climates and features, not just one. Well phooey. Why just have Ice Planets, or Fire Planets, or Desert Planets, or Jungle Planets, when you can have a place like the Earth, which has all of these?

Meanwhile as you fight off bots and hit red buttons, an extravagant plot is unwinding around you, with intrigue, romance, suspense, and the lot. It would be wonderful.

Stubborn Purists

While explaining my views about a new and cool Descent 4 a while back (a while, while), I got this question pointed at me: "Alright, then ask yourself... is that Descent?" The answer to this person's question, and to those who feel the same way is yes. By god, what Volition releases with the title "Descent 4" on it will be Descent. It's just not Descent 1. Or 2, or 3.

And why should it be? I firmly believe that the series needs a change. Quality is not an issue. Volition has proved to me through Freespace that they are a in a high class of game developers in which they have not many peers. They are the type of company that you can depend on to produce quality, even if you don't happen to like the specific game type that they are working on.

If you don't like the new game, for goodness sakes, play D1. I still do. About everyone who plays competitively still does. D1 is a great game, and D1X fixed all there was to fix. Why hamper the evolution to bigger and better things? I look forward to be amazed by D4, and I hope you do too.

Kommt ein Hund aus´m Kino und tritt auf´n Keks.
Dark
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

puhh ...
das ist mit zu viel stoff.
könnte das eventuell mal jemand übersetzten ?

Dark

...gebt mir mehr davon !
Fischlein
Co-Admin

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

genau!

sattmacher
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danke für diese kurze Leseprobe aus dem Herzzerreisenden Roman"WIE DER STAHL GEHÄRTET WURDE",das ist Weldliteratur!!!!

"ICH MACH EUCH SATT"
Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

arbeite dran (LOL.)

Unter VerDAUung versteht man die völlige Verblödung eines PC- und/oder OnlineUsers.
Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, ich kapitulierte fast!!
aber hier zumindest der erste absatz, könnte sein, dass ich was ausversehen geändert habe, korrigiert mich bitte!

Heute bei Planetdescent

Soupe Du Jour: Hindsight
Denken wir zurück an den Tag, als Descent 3 ein neues Spiel war. (Ich dachte nur, dass ich das für einige newbies erwähne, die sich nicht mehr daran erinnern können(?)) Dazu kam noch: das war eine Zeit, bald nach seinen Release, als noch niemand gewußt hat, wie falsch Interplay's "Ad Campaign", wenn es solch einem Titel würdig ist,gewesen war. Das bewirkte(?), dass die Descent-Community ziemlich zuversichtlich jenes Descent 4, das dem Namen "The Red Craption Art" trug, Volition entwickelt würde.
(//Edge:oh man was fürn englisch,LOL.)
Selbstverständlich habe ich basierend auf dieser Nachricht(?), etwas nostalgisch herumgesucht. Was fand ich?? Den Descent 4 Artikel von Assassin. Jetzt wenn diese Abstimmung auf der Interplay Page nichts bewirken sollte, werden sogar die hartknäckigsten unter uns begreifen, das Descent tot ist. Schaut euch an, was zwischen D3's Release und dem heute geschehen ist, obwohl das vielleicht besser ist, als die Alternativen...(?)
Descent 4 war fast ein erdpfünder(was immer das heissen mag...)und zum heulen! Rede um Verfremdung Der community, aber das ist wieder eine ganz andere geschichte. Seit vier Jahren ist die Descent Lizenz eine Bürste mit Schwerkraft ("ROFLOL",egge.), einen kurzen Umweg durch ein Design Studio ohne Namen gemacht, und jetzt baumelt es wie ein Fischköder an einer Leine vor unseren Nasen.(so ähnlich). Sicherlich waren das 4 Jahre Höllenfeuer...

Unter VerDAUung versteht man die völlige Verblödung eines PC- und/oder OnlineUsers.
exi
Best Boy

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egge, mach waider. Das ist lustig. Ich wollte erst anregen, eine Zusammenfassung zu machen, doch Deine Übersetzung ist lustig und ich werde mir die anderen Absätze auf keinen Fall entgehen lassen.

Voller Spannung, exi

Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, schau dir mal die kagge an, die freetranslation.com ausspuckt:
quote:

[...]Gab dem hinzu, es eine Zeit, bald nachdem seine Entlassung, wo niemand genau gewußt hat, wie "Kleinanzeige Wahlkampf" irgendeiner Ausfall Wechselwirkung, wenn es würdig von einem solchen Titel ist, war gewesen. Das hat, die Gemeinschaft ziemlich vertraulich jene Herkunft 4, die besonders dem Weg die Rote Craption Begriff Kunst gegeben worden ist, auf der Volition Stelle gesagt war wurde beschriftet. [...]

ich weiss selber nicht, ob das das wahre ist, hier teil 2, allerdings kann ich nicht mehr (...vor lachen)

-->
Der Artikel auf der Assasin Page:

Articles : Descent 4, Looking Ahead
Daniel "Assasin" Evans

descent 3 ist langweilig und alt... was kommt als nächstes? Volition wird Descent 4 entwickeln, das wird cool.

Das Descent Bulletin Board öffnete 2 neue foren über Descent 4. schon bevor die Seite geladen wurde, wusste ich, was mich erwartet: die "take out this"- und "how about this"-kommentare, und sogar das unvermeidliche "Homing Fusion, yeah! Rock on!" Obwohl ich euch etwas über meine persönliche Traumwaffe erzählen könnte, (Irgendwas in richtung "pr0n Werfer"(?)) will ich eure Zeit nicht damit verschwenden.

Anstatt dessen würde ich eure Zeit gerne dafür verschwenden, über D4's generelles Gameplay zu Diskutieren. Seitdem diese oben genannten Bilder veröffentlicht wurden, spekulierten die Leute darüber, wie Volition das neue Spiel in punkto gameplay Aufputzen wird. Tatsächlich hat Volition kein Geheimnis davon gemacht, dass im Descent 4 nicht nur die pyro zu fliegen ist, sondern auch andere Möglichkeiten existieren werden, sich in den (und um die) Minen fortzubewegen.

Das sehe ich als einen notwendigen Entwicklungsschritt.
Obwohl es zermürbend ist, die Vertrautheit des Gameplays von Descent 1 zu verlassen, wird es sicherlich zeit für eine Instandsetzung.

Bearbeitet von - The Edge am 03 Feb 2003 15:13:57
Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

...ich habe mir den 1. absatz eben noch einmal durchgelesen... und... ich muss sagen...
L O L .

hab mir doch auf dem 50. meines onkels zu viel Wodka-O und Bacardi-cola reingekippt...

Nachtrag: den 1. absatz drucke ich mir aus und rahme den ein...

Bearbeitet von - The Edge am 03 Feb 2003 15:21:48
Dark
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

also der zweite teil war ja zumindest lesbar.
allerdings so ne maschienenübersetzung hatte ich mir auch schon gemcht.
zugegebenerweise war sie noch viel katastrophaler als edges erster post.
daher habe ich dann aufgegeben.
(bei "erdpfünder" hat es dann bei mir auch ausgesetzt)

na ja - vielleicht wäre exi's zusammenfassung doch nicht so schlecht - oder ?

Dark

...gebt mir mehr davon !
Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe... wie übersetzt du denn "groundpounder"...

ich glaube, ich mache noch absatz 3 - der VIERTE kommt erst nach DESCENT 4, an alle softwareentwickler von volition und interplay, die weiterlesen wollen...

Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Die Heilige Vision

Einige der Konzeptgrafiken stellen einen Spieler, in einer mechwarriorartigen Rüstung sitzt, dar. Das wird warscheinlich ein Modus des Spiels sein. Ein Schiff wie die Pyro wird auch, und mit genau so guter grafik gezeigt. Die Ähnlichkeiten sind schwer zu verleugnen -und die tatsache, dass Volition sich für das nächste Descent aussehen-verändernde Schiffe ausdenken, oder sowas in der richtung.

Cool. denk mal drüber nach. Du bist in einer zerstörten Mine, fliegst da durch und knallst böse Jungs ab, während du einen Unterwassertrakt erreichst . Was machst Du? Dein Antrieb wird unter Wasser nicht allzu gut laufen... Du drückst einen dicken Roten knopf- und dein schiff verwandelt sich in dein eigenes U-boot!. Dann entdeckst du, dass dein U-boot Lenktorpedos und ein Cooles Sonar hat. Goil!

Ein anderes Mal musst du sehr schnell durch ein paar tunnel fahren - öh, wo waren noch gleich die roten knöpfe? ein Druck, Schon fährt das Schiff Räder aus und du rast durch die Tunnel unter einer Stadt, knallst robos ab und jagst dem boss hinterher, der deiner Mächtigen präsenz entfliehen will.

Wir Kampfflieger denken nur an Wummen und Sex, stimmts?(//egge:ja.) Aber, wird das ein einziges Rätsel? Nein... D3 bestand aus Rätseln. D4 wird vielleicht auch aus Rätseln bestehen.(durch den nächsten Satz steige ich voll nicht durch...Stark verändert, aber wenigstens sinnvoll.) Stellt euch des weiteren ein Wartungs/Reperaturpanel vor. auf Knopfdruck fährt das schiff werkzeug-arme aus und räumt Schrott auf einem anderen Weg weg, als nur rumzuballern.

Wenn man dann schon so ein flexibles Schiff hat, warum dann nicht auch austauschbare Plug 'n' play teile? Falls die Napalm-Kanone ihres schiffes in der Leistung nachlässt, nehmen sie sie einfach raus und setzen eine viel bessere Neue Waffe rein. und weiter geht's! Andere austauschbare Teile könnten Radargeräte(edge:die ersten fünf wörter hintereinander, die ich nicht ändern musste!),HUDS ,und Navigationskarten sein.

Während diese Beispiele Grundsäulen meiner Vorstellung sind, weicht das gameplay sehr stark ab. Dies würde bedeuten, daß du immer in neue Situationen gerätst, und das ist etwas, das jedes Spiel meiner Meinung nach braucht..

und hier ein paar "outtakes":
quote:
[...]Die Verwicklungen scheint harter ignorieren es sind, daß Volition morphing Umformer Wie Schiff in Gemüt für das nächste Herkunft Spiel haben kann, oder etwas ähnlich. [...]Kühl. Denken Sie an es. Sie sind in einem meinen hat behindert, der durch wie normal und Schießen auf schlechte Burschen schwebt, wenn Sie ein wasser-erreichen, greift auf-nur Gebiet zu.[...]Diesmal Ihr Schiff sprouts Räder, und Sie gehen Rennen durch einen unter Stadt Tunnel, der auf schlechte Burschen schießt, und Versuchen, mit dem Chef einzuholen, der versucht, von Ihrer masterful Anwesenheit zu fliehen. [...]Denkt alle wir flyboys kurz davor, und Geschlecht, Recht sein?[...] Sagen Sie Ein von diesen Objekten von hardcore Handlung gamers' scorn behandelt Arbeiten von einem Wartung Unterausschuß. Boink! Der rote Knopf wird, und Ihr Schiff sprouts Werkzeug Arme zu Durcheinander mit Stoff in einem feineren Weg als nur Schieben geschlagen das explosiv ist in dort und Ziehen des Drückers.[...]Sagen Sie jenem napalm launcher Sie haben erhalten in Ihrer Schulter Abteilung erhält ein Bit lahm...[...]Während diese Beispiele Erdichtungen meiner Einbildungskraft sind[...]

Aga
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smilie auch auf Deutsch les ich es nicht durch Smilie

Viel zu viel. Grins

Gruss
Aga

Betet, das ich es auch noch schaffe. Doch ich bin dran. Winken
sattmacher
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

mann bist du schlau!!!!!

"ICH MACH EUCH SATT"
Dark
Forum-Nutzer

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote:

Wir Kampfflieger denken nur an Wummen und Sex, stimmts?(//egge:ja.) ...

lol
nana edge - dafür biste doch noch zu jung Auf den Arm nehmen
ansonsten - falsche reihenfolge !

Dark

...gebt mir mehr davon !
Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

war ja klar, dass das erwähnt würde,lol...:

quote:

Wir Kampfflieger denken nur an Wummen und Sex, stimmts?

comment: denken ist frei ;P

zu den outtakes: das war die eigentliche originalübersetzung, die wiederum hat mich nur noch mehr verwirrt......

Floyd
Forum-Orakel

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

weiß denn jetzt schon einer worum es geht? ich habs mir auch noch nicht durchgelesen.
Thieyoshin
aka. The_Edge

PostPosted: 03.02.2003, 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hab aufgehört, zu übersetzen, da das wohl doch nur descent-4-standard-gelaber ist,d.h. hoffnung, wünsche, teilweise auch konkrete vorstellungen und auch halbwegs depressionsanfälle...

das einzige was du dir durchlesen solltest, sind diese outtakes und absatz 1 - das ist lustig, der rest ist 08/15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Descentforum.DE Forum Index -> Alternativen - Clones - Visionen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: